Details: Product Description
For over 50 years students, professors, clergy, and general readers have relied on
The New Oxford Annotated Bible as an unparalleled authority in Study Bibles. This fifth edition of the
Annotated remains the best way to study and understand the Bible at home or in the classroom. This thoroughly revised and substantially updated edition contains the best scholarship informed by recent discoveries and anchored in the solid Study Bible tradition.
· Introductions and extensive annotations for each book by acknowledged experts in the field provide context and guidance.
· Introductory essays on major groups of biblical writings - Pentateuch, Prophets, Gospels, and other sections - give readers an overview that guides more intensive study.
· General essays on history, translation matters, different canons in use today, and issues of daily life in biblical times inform the reader of important aspects of biblical study.
· Maps and diagrams within the text contextualize where events took place and how to understand them.
· Color maps give readers the geographical orientation they need for understanding historical accounts throughout the Bible.
· Timelines, parallel texts, weights and measures, calendars, and other helpful tables help navigate the biblical world.
· An extensive glossary of technical terms demystifies the language of biblical scholarship.
· An index to the study materials eases the way to the quick location of information.
The New Oxford Annotated Bible, with twenty new essays and introductions and others--as well as annotations--fully revised, offers the reader flexibility for any learning style. Beginning with a specific passage or a significant concept, finding information for meditation, sermon preparation, or academic study is straightforward and intuitive.
A volume that users will want to keep for continued reference,
The New Oxford Annotated Bible continues the Oxford University Press tradition of providing excellence in scholarship for the general reader. Generations of users attest to its status as the best one-volume Bible reference tool for any home, library, or classroom.
"In sum, the assiduous reader will find here an invaluable library of biblical text and diverse scholarship." -- Philip S. Johnston,
Journal for the Study of the Old Testament
"A huge wealth of material in a single volume. The assiduous reader will find here an invaluable library of biblical text and diverse scholarship." -- Philip S. Johnston,
About the Author
Michael Coogan is Lecturer on Old Testament/Hebrew Bible at Harvard Divinity School and Director of Publications for the Harvard Semitic Museum. He has also taught at Harvard University, Boston College, Wellesley College, Fordham University, and the University of Waterloo (Ontario), and has
participated in and directed archaeological excavations in Israel, Jordan, Cyprus, and Egypt. He is the author of Old Testament text books and
The Old Testament: A Very Short Introduction.
Marc Z. Brettler is Bernice and Morton Lerner Professor in Judaic Studies at Duke University.
Carol Newsom is Charles Howard Candler Professor of Old Testament, Candler School of Theology, Emory University.
Pheme Perkins is Professor of Theology at Boston College.
Package Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.5 x 1.7 inches
DESCRIPTIONWHY BUY FROM USSHIPPING & DELIVERYREVIEWS (0)
Our goal is to offer you the best shipping options no matter where you live. Every day we deliver to hundreds of customers across the world ensuring that we provide the very highest levels of responsiveness to you at all times. We ship worldwide to most countries. If you can’t place an order within your country please email us at
𝐔𝐒𝐀: 7-15 days.
𝐄𝐔, 𝐔𝐊, 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐚:
𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝:
Orders are processed and delivered Monday-Friday (excluding public holidays)
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝟑𝟎 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐬.If it is damaged, broken or is the wrong item simply send us a picture to
𝗦𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁@𝗙𝗼𝗼𝗳𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿.𝗰𝗼𝗺 as a proof and send it back to us. We will either replace your item or issue a refund in a form of store credit.free returns.